& COMMUNITY WORK
- Partnership with Lifeline to assist in facilitation of a STOP GBV Helpline..
- Our Champions for Change programme consists of three core elements that aim to create massive reach and facilitate the mission to put an end to gender-based violence (GBV) in South Africa.
- The programme starts by leveraging existing centres of influence such as taverns, local football associations and FET Colleges. This helps the #NOEXCUSE campaign truly infiltrate each community at a grassroots level by hosting workshops, engaging football coaches and player, and empowering educators and their students.
- Communities are then given tools for change which provide them with a comprehensive intervention programme that both raises awareness and teaches how to combat GBV. This includes community workshops, the ‘No Excuse for Abuse’ booklet and teaching guide, and Isizathu multi-media which uses the power of storytelling to bring the life the excuses used for domestic violence.
- Finally, the programme wants to inspire action within each community and drive permanent behaviour change. To do this, 100 Champions for Change will be nominated from each community and given the task of recruiting and training another group of Champions. This ensures that over the next 5 years, we can empower our communities to take positive action against gender based violence.
- CHAMPIONS FOR CHANGE YOU TUBE VIDEO